Thursday, April 21, 2011

Feeling At Home

Traveling can be fun. However, when you are on deputation (moving from city to city) it can be tiresome. Every now and then, you need a little home life. This is what we have found this week in Lubbock Texas. We are so blessed to stay in the Bethany Baptist Church Missions Apartment. Not only is it beautiful and homey, it is just what our family needed right now. We are staying in the apartment for an entire week and because of Easter we have no meetings scheduled during that time. The Wednesday before Easter, many churches are observing the Lord's Supper and Easter Sunday is not a good day for a meeting either. We are 3 days into our week stay and I have been able to develop a routine with the kids, cook dinners for my family and more. God has such a sense of humor...He knew we needed this break time in our deputation and He gave us the perfect place to do have our break. God is so good.

P.S. I hope to post some pics of the kiddos and our travel in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I can truly understand what it is like to be constantly on the move. I'm excited for what the Lord has planned for the use of your family, no doubt He is already using you in ways you probably will never know. I know the closer I get to getting ready to be thrust into the ministry the more fears and doubts I've allowed to creep into my imaginations. So I wrote down some truths that I could think upon, "May I walk boldly to the field where I have been called to labor" "may mine eyes be fixed, never wavering or wondering away from my call or vision" "Let me never fear any hindrance that would take me to the field" "May mine eyes never behold barren land, may my vision always be to see a bountiful harvest" "Though it may take many seasons to see the fruit of the harvest, may I always be found faithful in my labor" "Though my flesh tear and wounds afflict me, may I never cease from my labor, but may I toil much the more" "May daily I report to my master that I have completed all He called me to do" "If I truly say, here am I send me, then in my sender may I abide and submit to whatever He sends me to do" "The only gain I desire in my life to behold is the fruit that abounds for my master's use" I am praying for your prosperity in all your ways, the health and safety for you family, and a bountiful harvest as you toil and labor, that God will strengthen your family and that through any doubts, fears, pains or affliction you will abound much the more for the glory and honour to the master of your field.... Love, Amanda Quinn

    ReplyDelete