Sunday, September 16, 2012

Many Firsts

This past month, I have experienced several 1st time experiences. I am so thankful for them and what the Lord has done through these experiences.

First Day Of School:

My oldest, Micah, had his 1st day of school last month. Like most moms, I had a very hard time with that. I couldn't believe that the time had come for me to let go of him just a little bit. I kept thinking of the day he was born. I am so used to having him under my watchcare all day long. However, the Lord reminded me that Micah is trult under His watchcare and will always be. Praise the Lord for that! Micah loves his school, his friends and his teacher and I know that the Lord is taking care of my baby.

My little girl, Abigail, also started school this month. My Abbie is different from my Micah. Micah LOVES to learn, Abbie on the other hand is not all that interested, though she is a very bright girl. We homeschool for about 1 1/2 hr on school days. Yet, on Abbie's 2nd day of school and after her 1st 10min. lesson, she looked up at me and said "is school over yet?" She is not in love with school like Micah, but she sure loves getting dressed for it because she getst to wear a uniform (thrift store shopping).



First Hurricane in New Orleans:

The Lord was so good to us. We do not pay much attention to the news like we should (I think). So, we did not know that a hurricane Isaac was heading our way till the Sunday prior to its arrival (2 days before). When we did, my husband decided to that we should leave that Monday after taking care of the church and making sure the people we are ministering are well.. The Lord blessed us and we went to Houston,Tx. We stayed with strangers to us but brother & sister in the Lord. We thank God for the Sloans...they are true servants of God. The Lord also took care of our church and home while we were away. We receive no water damage to both and were able to be in our home by Saturday evening and have church Sunday morning. God is so good to us!



First Baptismal Service

To make a long story very short, the Lord blessed CBC with a baptistery. We only had to pay the price of gas to pick it up in Marshall, TX. Then on the 9th of September, we were able to baptize 2 individuals into the membership of Crescent Baptist Church. We anticipate many more baptismal services in the near future. God is truly good to us. My husband and another member had plans to build a baptistery from scratch to save on money. I tell you the Lord is truly building His House at CBC ("Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..." Ps. 127:1a).




No comments:

Post a Comment